Saturday, March 19, 2011

slow and easy

I live in the #1 / #2 place to live in America.
No really, it was actually ranked one of those last year in money magazine.
It's a great place, with a great view of the mountains.

I love jammin' to my tunes, mainly Hillsong United, as I run or ride with the windows down.
(Sorry, Need,  I still love you guys...)
People drive, on average, about 3 mi/hr under the speed limit.
I love it!
There's no rush to race through life.
In fact, I'd really describe this community as carefree, go with the flow.

It dawned on me the other day that while I enjoy this life, it should in no way reflect my attitude towards serving my Father.
I need to serve and love with an urgency.
People are dying who have never heard about Jesus.
People are still worshiping idols, hopeless, lost.
I know where I'm going, but that's not enough.
That can't be enough.
God desires that people from every tongue, tribe and nation will worship Him, will know Him intimately.

I know that I'm in this beautiful city for a reason.
These are the people that I am to minister to at this time, to love.
I tend to be so selfish, focusing on my own plans, desires and wants.
I am often overcome by my hurts and disappointments without even considering the hurts and disappointments of others.

My prayer is that as I fall more in love with my Maker I will become a better reflection of Him.
That I will love others and notice their needs before my own.
That I will worship in Spirit and Truth.
And, ultimately, that I will practice what I preach.

Breath in me Your life
Til Your love overtakes me.
Open up my eyes
Let me see You more clearly.
Falling on my knees
Til I love like You love
Like You love me
I love You.
~Bones by Hillsong United

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment