Saturday, June 1, 2013

rest assured

Circles. I draw them a lot. They denote the circumference of specific promises. Purple. Pink. Blue. Some are inked in my favorite Sharpie colors, others have been invisibly traced with my finger. Numerous times these promises have been outlined; some have come to fruition while the glorious arrival of some are still unseen. Rather than running aimlessly in circles, I am circling these promises in prayer, obediently laying down every request before His throne, purposefully and expectantly.

I've been circling some promises for years...many, many years. Why do some seem to happen so quickly, while others take their sweet time? Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Yet, when I want to quit he renews my strength. When things seem hopeless he fills me with assurance. And in the storm, peace. That sweet peace that surpasses all knowledge. A peace that goes beyond feelings. A knowing peace that deeply pierces the soul. He never provides too early--He never provides too late.

I know that you know that I know that you know. I smile as I figure that sums it up. He knows. I know He knows. He knows that I know that He knows. And, with that revelation I am reminded that He has bottled every tear, remembered my every utterance and is working all things out.

After all, He's got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment