Tuesday, October 9, 2012

movement

The trees sway in the breeze, releasing their golden leaves. The colorful blanket that covers the ground is too much to resist. Crunching, I kick and twirl through the beautiful bounty. This familiar changing of the seasons is welcomed. Crisp, cool nights, hands clasping hot teacups, sweaters, crackling fires. Yes, fall is good for the soul.

And just as things are constantly changing around me I find that I, too, must be willing to ebb and flow with life's current. Sometimes the waves are calm and I float easily, comfortably; sometimes they are rough, pulling me to my knees in sweet surrender. Help. I'm in over my head. But the truth is, I'm not in over my head. I have a strong anchor of hope to which I cling, a Helper in my very times of need. He saves me, He is Savior. I cry, He comforts. I hurt, He heals. I hide, He seeks. He lifts my head.

Look up. Who will I see treading the waters of life alone? Hopeless. Tired. Scared. It is in the reaching out that I find the goodness of His living water flowing abundantly through me. That truly it is not when I receive, but rather when I give that my cup overfloweth. When I share my blessings that I am rich. When I use my gifts that I feel full. That time in prayer is more energizing than hours of sleep. Knowing that I am only able to give love because I have first received love, perfect love. God's love.

Movement is necessary, change is coming. The old is passing away, new things are beginning. With each step I pull away from the known. Venturing. And, just as the trees prepare for the next season we must too. Is it time to release? Time to harvest? Time to rest? But we mustn't stop, we must always keep moving, changing, growing--breathing Life into that which is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment