Wednesday, October 31, 2012

days of praise

Words. They envelope us everyday. We read them, speak them, hear them, write them. By strategically placing words one beside another we create. And it is in the creating that we release power, making a choice to either tear down or build up. While there are some words that are seemingly meaningless alone, others beckon us to take another glance, dig deeper, find greater meaning.

In early 2012 the Lord whispered courage to me. One night I was looking up name meanings and sat stunned at what I read. Andrea: courageous, brave. I'd only ever known my name to mean [wo]manly, yet at that moment I realized the Lord was inviting me to become more Andrea, more of the woman he created.

One of the ways he is challenging me to take courage is in sharing the sweet truths that he speaks to me in the quiet moments or through words spoken by others. The Word is living and even though the words themselves are familiar the Lord reveals different truths to us when we are ready, refreshing us, encouraging us, teaching us. So, for the month of November I will be sharing about some of the truths that the Lord has been teaching me, some for the first time, others that he is simply bringing to mind again. It is my hope and prayer that these entries will encourage and build you up, inviting you to give him praise in your own circumstances and recognize the ways he is speaking to and teaching you.

Won't you join me in Days of Praise

No comments:

Post a Comment