Sunday, February 12, 2012

home away from home

Hello. Welcome. We're so glad you're here.

These are the words I was greeting with this morning as I entered the doors of High Way Community. Instantly I felt comfortable as I was asked if I was from the Boulder area and how I heard about High Way. Then, the most beautiful words, to a church visitor's ears, were spoken:

Here, let me introduce you to some folks.

I was introduced to 2 of the sweetest young ladies who walked with me into the room where service was held and sat beside me. Instant friends. Worship was fantastic and I felt like I was back at Highlands, seeing as most of the songs were Hillsong classics..made this girl's heart happy. The teaching was solid--the prayer was spirit-filled and powerful!

After the service I met more incredible people who kept introducing me, by name, to others. The pastor and his wife, Steve and Missy, are wonderful. This body of believers just get's community, they understand the importance of pouring into the lives of others. They are indeed a life-giving church. I'm so glad I made this connection--it was a breath of fresh air.

I received more hugs today than I have in quite some time--the real kind, the kind that let you know you are valued and appreciated. The conversations that I had were meaningful and if I could have had a song playing it would have been: *This feels like home to me* (I'm not exactly sure if that's the name of the song, I'm thinking of the one from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days)


I'm reminded that ARC (Association of Related Churches) churches set a high precedent for other church bodies in areas like community, outreach, love, relationships. Way to go and press on!

Blessings!
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment