Friday, February 3, 2012

a month of love

Today I enjoyed the most perfect of snow days! Those magical little flakes fell all day--setting a delightful stage for breakfast with a dear, sweet friend and an afternoon full of journaling and reflection. Oh, and I enjoyed my first cup, (okay cups), of coffee in 2012. And, can I just tell you it was just as delicious as I remember it being from 2011! Coffee evokes conversation, sharing, closeness, laughter... Did I mention that I love coffee???

As much as I enjoy a good cup of joe, I've learned the importance of enjoying time with my heavenly Father above all else. So, for the 5th time I tithed the firsts of my year to the Lord. If I haven't mentioned it before, I left one of the most amazing communities in Alabama-friends and the most vibrant, life-giving church family I've ever had the privilege of serving alongside. Truly. Pastor Chris Hodges is one of the most anointed and humble leaders, and among other truths that I gleaned from his teaching was this idea to tithe the first of the year to the Lord through prayer and fasting. In years past I have done the 21 days of prayer and fasting with Highlands, but this year I felt the Lord asking for more. So, this year I tithed January, in it's entirety, to Him.

I can honestly say that for the first time I was actually excited about starting the season-I have an unexplainable expectancy for 2012. Not that I've dreaded the other years, but I'd just never entered the season with so much hope, faith and assurance. Don't get me wrong, there were days that were hard, so hard even that the smells of fast food enticed my senses. However, I feasted on the Word like never before. This spot has become holy ground in my house, and what you can't see is the cute little table and lamp beside this overstuffed, comfy chair. Perfect for setting a hot cup of coffee. :)


This month required a lot of letting go. Letting go of my hopes and dreams, and allowing my Father to work on those places of my heart ruled by selfishness, pride, walled by hurt. Surprisingly, though, he has only intensified my desires for certain things-I'm learning that He really does want the best for me, He just wants me to allow things to happen in His perfect timing, His way. It's been both freeing and exciting. It was a month of returning to my first Love, pressing into His goodness, basking in His glory, resting in His presence.

As I clung to truth, and listened for His voice alone I realized that I haven't been living the free life that he designed for me.

3 things that will no longer have a place in my life

*doubt
*fear
*worry

I believe these 3 things have held me back from living a life of freedom for which I was designed. Are there things that are keeping you from enjoying the full life that the Lord has for you? Give them over today and start the process, perhaps for the hundredth time, of renewing you mind.

May your days be full of Peace, Joy and Love from the only One who satisfies.

Love you all so dearly! xox



No comments:

Post a Comment