Sunday, January 29, 2012

prayers of action

I'm trusting the Lord for increased courage this year. The prayer of my heart is that the Lord will show me  practical, everyday ways, that I can be bold and courageous for His Kingdom cause. The verse below was one that Pastor Dary shared this morning, and it just so happens to be my verse for 2012. Just look at those powerful verbs!

Learn to do good.
Seek justice.
Help the oppressed.
Defend the cause of orphans.
Fight for the rights of widows.
-Isaiah 1:17 (NLT)

*Learn--dedication to acquiring knowledge, becoming familiar
*Seek--passionate pursuit, looking intently for an answer
*Help--extending a hand of service
*Defend--speaking out for those who cannot
*Fight--engaging in the battle at hand, standing firm, not backing down

See, I told you they were powerful verbs. This year I'm putting these verbs to good use as I act upon the burdens that the Lord has placed upon my heart for both the homeless and the victims of human trafficking. For which causes has the Lord given you a burned? I challenge you, no I dare you to act upon this verse. May our prayers stir us to action! I can't wait to see how the Lord works through His people in 2012!

With love! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment