Thursday, February 10, 2011

Come and knock on my door

Let people know the real you. This was the promise that I unwrapped when I ate my Dove camel chocolate square this afternoon. I'm not so sure that this is a promise as much as a suggestion, good advice maybe. Irregardless, it struck me. How often do I hide behind the face of who I think I should be, of who others think I should be? How often do I stay silent when I'm hurt or upset, afraid that I'll offend someone? How often to I cry in the dark when I should let my feelings be known? Hmmm...the real me.

What does she look like? The real me is passionate, loves and cares more deeply than words can express with a desire for a deeper, purer, more intimate relationship with my Abba. Although I'm easily wounded and bruised, I am fierce with the very things that stir my soul. I am a daughter of the King of Kings. I have been created for something far greater than I can even imagine; "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13).

As I think about the woman I am and the areas that the Lord continues to refine, I cannot help but think about the man that He is preparing for me. I can only imagine how strong, passionate and adventurous he is. How willing he is to live a dangerous life for the sake of the Kingdom. How selfless he is in his service, yet unwavering in his beliefs and convictions. A man worthy of my respect, love and affection. Thank you, Lord that I have not settled for someone who is simply good, you've got stellar in store for me. :)

Ladies, don't settle! Wait patiently, pray fervently, for your spiritual leader who will love you as Jesus loves you. Who will stand by your side and fight for you. Who loves the Lord with all of His heart and is even willing to leave his comforts to follow hard after Him.

Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment