Monday, February 14, 2011

Muddy

Last night my socks were pretty much rocked right off!
I went to church with one of my sweet friends and a master potter spoke.

As you can probably imagine he spoke about how God is our Master Potter, molding us into a vessel fit for Kingdom service. He was actually working with a brick of clay as he spoke. It was so powerful to watch him manipulate and transform the clay into the vase he had envisioned. Needless to say, tears were pouring; I love how God stirs and moves in our lives.

As he was molding this new vessel, he pointed to a vase that he'd created earlier that day. He compared the older vase to believers watching the Lord work in the lives of others. Sure it's exciting, but there is often a longing to be touched again by our Marker, wondering if He has somehow forgotten about us. "I haven't forgotten about you my little vase over there. I see that you're getting a little dry on the top and that's exactly what I wanted to happen. You see, if I'd put the handle on when you were still wet you would've collapsed under the pressure."

Although I knew exactly where he was going with his message it sure enough pierced me right to my soul. Yes, Lord. I realize that you have not forgotten about those dreams and desires that you've put inside of me. Thank you.

He also spoke about the refinement of fire and how the Father can use us even when we are broken, forming us into a new vessel in Him. Oh how I wish you all could have been there! I love the imagery of the Lord being the Potter and us the clay to be molded.

But now, O Lord, You are our Father, we are the clay, and You our potter; and all of us are the work of Your hand. -Isaiah 64:8

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!
I stole this from a friend's blog. She found it here.

Hearts and Hugs,

1 comment: