Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Si me queda la zapatilla, me puedes llamar Cenicienta.

If you know me at all you know I'm incredibly indecisive--I don't like the pressure of having to choose something, especially if I have to choose only one. That pretty much just freaks me right on out!

So it was a major big deal for me to pick my one word for 2011--confidence. No, really. I was overwhelmed with the amount of *good* words to choose from, but the Lord just pierces my heart every time I think about the idea of being confident. So I committed to the word on Monday night--blogged about it and everything. It's official.

By nature, I tend to over analyze things, which normally leads to stress and worry. Not good. Thankfully I serve a gracious and loving Father who tends to just throw me in head first without giving me time to pick apart every little detail in a given situation. He knows I don't always have the confidence to take the first step and He has opened doors for opportunities that I never would have chased on my own.

So, you can imagine my *surprise* when I got into the office and had a voice mail from my boss. I am the point person for our new Spanish Program. Yes, that's right. Spanish. Program. Do I speak Spanish? Nope. I took 3 years of French in High School. Do I completely understand all of my responsibilities in my current role? Absolutely not. I'm learning new things each and every day--asking a lot of questions.

So see, I'm getting a nice start on my word for the year. You know when this program starts? Today. You know when it was decided that I would be the point person? Last night. You know when we are sending our first group of Spanish teachers? This fall.

When I was given all of this information this morning I laughed to myself a bit. And silently prayed for the confidence to carry out this position well. It's so comforting to know that it is not in my own strength that I am able to do any of this amazing work.

I'm so humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment