Sunday, November 11, 2012

days of praise: first things first

In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus.

This song filled my thoughts as I awoke this morning. Praising him for this new day, the beautiful sunrise, the breath that fills my lungs. I love mornings--they're peaceful, still, quiet and I sense his presence thick like the morning chill of fall. The wind swirling the fallen leaves, the crunch of animals walking on the natural blanket covering the ground and there, right there I see him smiling upon creation.

It's not uncommon for us, as the Church, to talk about the tithe of money, our treausre, but what about our time, our talent? And, are we giving of our first fruits, giving him the best that we have to offer? I'm challenged this morning with this thought--offering him the very best that I have to offer, rather than giving him my tired, broken, spent left overs. So, with my time, with my talent, with my treasure, O Lord, I will praise you, putting you first in my day, my activities, my work. Rising early to seek your face, hearing from you, starting out full so that the return of my infilling is the blessing of others.

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
-1 Corinthians 12:4-6

 

No comments:

Post a Comment