Monday, November 26, 2012

days of praise: speaking to mountains

Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted to him.
-Mark 11:23

What are some of the mountains you are facing right now? Fear? Doubt? Shame? Guilt? Stop talking about those mountains, complaining. Yes, it's great to get advice and counsel from others that you trust and respect, but there will come a time when you need to claim the power that you have in the Holy Spirit and address that mountain directly, boldly. Take hold of the living Word of God and speak truth into your situation.

For fear: In the name of Jesus I declare that fear has no place in my life. 2 Timothy 1:7 says that God has not given me a spirit of fear, but one of power, and of love, and of sound mind. No longer will I be fearful; I will walk in the power that I have in the Spirit, demonstrating love and a sound, (firm foundation, full of confidence), mind.

For worry: In the name of Jesus I command that all worry be bound and cast away from me. In Matthew 6 I am told not to worry because as my heavenly Father provides graciously and abundantly for the birds of the air, how much more will he provide for me. I cast all my cares on you, Lord, and I know that you care. You promise to sustain me; I put my hope in you, O Lord, and know that you are renewing me to soar on wings like eagles, run and not grow weary, walk and not faint. I trust you and I will no longer let worry consume my thoughts, but will think upon things that are true, pure, lovely.

Find promises in scripture and pray them boldly over your situation. And remember that faith, even the size of a mustard seed, that commands a tree to be uprooted will be uprooted. The devil wants to cripple us with lies, but the Lord has promised us life, full and abundant. Don't let those lies take root in your life, live in freedom and help others find freedom from the bondage that is consuming them.

No comments:

Post a Comment