Wednesday, November 7, 2012

days of praise: ordinary extraordinaries

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are you way My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My thoughts higher than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9

Traveling is not my favorite part of my job. Grumbling complaints often fight for my mind's thoughts on these trips, so really they serve as a way for me to take every thought captive. This week I will be traveling to several states, going to different conferences and meeting with folks who are preparing to serve in Asia.The conference I just left was quite different than it has been in the past and I was fighting away thoughts of it being a "complete waste of time," among other things. Monday night as I was journaling I asked the Lord why I was even there, and that if there was even one person that I needed to connect with that he would cross our paths.

Tuesday was full of divine appointments with teachers and students. I connected with students who are eager to take steps of faith and serve overseas, as well as students who just needed a listening ear; I also had the opportunity to speak at a student ministry meeting. I cannot tell you all that I said but afterwards I was surrounded by students telling me their stories, I was able to encourage them, pray for them. But one gal really stood out that night; she approached me with tears in eyes, grabbed my hands and asked, "how did you know? How did you know I needed to hear those words, that those verses have been on my heart? How did you know?" I didn't, but as I hugged this sweet one and prayed over her I sensed her peace and I knew that she was the answer to that prayer that I had prayed the night before. This morning I read an email from her through tears, I've pasted some of it below:

Hello Andrea,
 You have no clue how much you impacted my life tonight. I had to contact you immediately to accurately convey the magnitude in which God used you! I have been asking and searching for an answer for months and have been so discouraged. Right when I felt like giving up, God sends you almost to my doorstep to convey a message that was so befitting and amazingly on time! Thank you so much for allowing God to use you so tremendously! Of course i don't know you well, but I can see that you are a beautiful woman inside and out! Thank you once again.

I want to encourage you to be ready and willing to be used however, wherever and whenever he sees fit. What an honor that the King of kinds, Lord of lords places us in situations, gives us very specific opportunities to make an impact. May he continue to use our ordinary for his extraordinary and divine purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment